Head of Product Management
Job Location : Zuerich, Switzerland
Job DescriptionOur client, a leading provider in technical solutions for the aviation industry, is expanding its operations in Zurich. The Head of Product Management (Engine) is responsible for leading and managing the resources of the Product Management team of six, as well as providing correct, competitive, profitable and creative proposals to our customers while in the capacity of a Product Manager themselves. The position will report to the Vice President Customer & Commercial Support.
- Lead the Product Management team
- Manage the Department’s resources, allocating and prioritizing requests received with consideration to abilities and capabilities.
- Define and set objectives, and make sure they are regularly tracked and properly reported.
- Ensure adherence to standards, policies and processes (DoA, costing assumptions)
- Calculate and Provide competitive, profitable and creative proposals to customers, as a Product Manager
- Identify opportunities for new MRO services and adding value for our customers and to our business
- Adjust or develop the internal processes and standards to guarantee the correct execution of costing and offering
- Make sure adequate commercial products and offerings are in place and implemented by the team in collaboration with the Product Development team
- Support and conduct negotiations, and also provide technical and commercial customer advise during the proposal phase
- Ensure a smooth handover of relevant contract information to other departments after contract signing
- Ensure costing tools are in place, regularly updated, and make sure they are properly maintained (e.g. knowledge and resources available)
Job RequirementsProven knowledge and experience in Engines, Pilatus and Commercial, is critical
- University degree in a technical and/or commercial field
- At least 5 years of experience in engine product management within in the aviation industry
- Minimum two years of leadership expertise
- A personal drive to take initiative and responsibility in a dynamic business environment
- Team player with a strong customer focus
- Service orientated with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English (C2) and German (C1)